SEPT 17-18th, 2022 NEW KINESIOTAPING "FOUNDATIONS" SOUTH WINDSOR -CT (PRIVATE CHT/HAND/ UE SPECIALIST's ONLY)
HOST: Russo Therapeutics
261 Oakland Rd, South Windsor, CT 06074
PRIVATE HOSTED FOR CHT AND UE SPECIALIST ONLY- SPACE IS LIMITED!!
Become Kinesio Taping certified in 2 days instead of 3 Days!!!
THIS COURSE HAS BEEN UPGRADED TO THE NEW 2022 "FOUNDATIONS" COURSE.
THIS IS A 2 DAY KINESIOTAPING CERTIFICATION ( WITH 4 HOURS ONLINE PRE COURSE WORK).
OUTLINE WILL DIFFER AND WILL BE UPLOADED WHEN PROVIDED BY KINESIOTAPING.COM
The 20 hour Express Course in Kinesio Taping® will present all the concepts and techniques of Kinesio Taping in an expedited course format. The first day will present an overview of the development of the Kinesio Taping Method®, fundamental concepts, assessments and screening tests, and begin to introduce Kinesio Correction taping techniques. After completing fundamental concepts the course will move into advanced techniques and clinical reasoning. Attendees will problem solve complex clinical cases requiring the application of multiple Kinesio taping techniques. Lab sessions will provide time to practice assessments and screenings, plus applying techniques to a variety of upper and lower body conditions. Instructors will provide personalized feedback to each attendee to insure a thorough grasp of the taping concepts and techniques. Upon completion of the course attendees will be able to discuss and apply the Kinesio Taping Method to a variety of muscular, orthopedic and neurological conditions.
qualities of Kinesio Tex Tape.
In order to attend a Kinesio Taping® seminar, each attendee must meet all of the following criteria:
- Must have completed 80 course hours of anatomy and physiology
- Must have a working knowledge of the musculoskeletal system
- Must be able to do assessments by evaluating and/or diagnosing injuries and conditions
- Must have achieved or is a student in their junior or senior year (transcripts must be provided) working towards one or more of the following credentials: ARNP, ATC, CAT(C), CCSP, CDP, CHT, CLT, CMBT, CMT, CNMT, COMT, COTA, COTA/L, CPO, CPT, CPTA, CRN, CST, CT, DC, DO, DOM, DPT, Lac, LAT, LLCC, LMBT, LMP, LMT, LOT, LOTA, LPT, LPTA, MD, MDT, MLD, MOT, MOTR/L, MPT, MT, MTC, NCMT, NCTMB, NDT, NMD, NMT, NP, NRC, OCS, ODT, OMD, OPA, OT, OTA, OTC, OTR, OTR/L, PT, PT-C, PTA, PA, RMT, RN, RPT, RPTA, SLP, Paramedic, Kinesiologist.
ARNP, ATC, CAT(C), CCSP, CDP, CHT, CLT, CMBT, CMT, CNMT, COMT, COTA, COTA/L, CPO, CPT, CPTA, CRN, CST, CT, DC, DO, DOM, DPT, Lac, LAT, LLCC, LMBT, LMP, LMT, LOT, LOTA, LPT, LPTA, MD, MDT, MLD, MOT, MOTR/L, MPT, MT, MTC, NCMT, NCTMB, NDT, NMD, NMT, NP, NRC, OCS, ODT, OMD, OPA, OT, OTA, OTC, OTR, OTR/L, PT, PT-C, PTA, PA, RMT, RN, RPT, RPTA,
SLP, Paramedic, Kinesiologist.
Instructional Methods: Live seminar with hands-on labs.
Education Level: Introductory
Education Level: Introductory
Seminar Completion Requirements:
Attendee must attend the entire seminar in order to receive
Letter of Attendance, and CEUs.
Cancellation Policy: Registration fee, less $129( supply cost), will be refunded if written cancellation is received 14 days prior to the seminar. No refunds will be given after that date. Every attempt will be made to reschedule to another class date
Hand Therapy Education reserves the right to cancel at anytime and will provide a full refund.
- List different physiological systems affected by Kinesio Tex Tape.
- List 3 contraindications and 3 precautions of using Kinesio Tex Tape.
- List best use for each type of Kinesio Tex Tape.
- Describe and demonstrate cutting different Kinesio Taping application tape shapes: I Strip, Y Strip, Web Cut, X Cut, etc.
- Describe one situation where it would be appropriate to use each different tape cut.
- Demonstrate one of the three methods of safely removing Kinesio Tex Tape from skin.
- Demonstrate appropriate use of Manual Direction Tests for tissue and muscle.
- Demonstrate use of Kinesio Screening Assessments to identify target tissue for treatment.
- Demonstrate proper application of Kinesio Epidermis, Dermis and Fascia Taping technique.
- Demonstrate proper application of corrective techniques: Fascia, Mechanical, Space, Functional, Lymphatic, Tendon, Ligament, and Muscle Correction.
- Describe difference between an underactive and overactive muscle correction application.
- Identify appropriate tension range for each corrective technique.
- Describe difference between ligament correction and tendon correction.
- List a condition that the Functional Correction would be used for.
- Describe the difference between “long and short oscillation” and “side to side oscillation” used in the Fascial Correction application.
- List 2 specific symptoms of injury for each of the following tissues: nerve, muscle, epidermis, dermis, fascia and joint.
- Demonstrate application of advanced Epidermis Correction Technique - Web Layering.
- Demonstrate application of advanced Dermis Correction Technique - Jellyfish.
- Demonstrate application of advanced Fascia Correction Techniques - Ram’s Head and Manual Fascial Glide.
- Demonstrate application of advanced Circulatory Lymphatic Correction Technique – Basket Weave.
- Demonstrate application of advanced Space Correction Technique – Scar Management techniques.
- Demonstrate integration of Muscle Direction Tests, Screening Assessments, and Corrective Techniques to treat complex injuries such as Whiplash, Shoulder Impingement, and Chronic Knee Pain.
- In a small group setting identify 3 items on a problem list and goal list from specified case studies and develop appropriate interventions using tape as a modality and defend to the class.
Course Agenda Day 1
8:00-10:00 Theory and History, Qualities of Kinesio Tape, Contraindications and Precautions, Physiological Systems Affected by Kinesio Tape, Removal of Tape, Convolutions Lab
10:15-12:30 Research on Skin Stimulation, Biotensegrity, Epidermis Taping Concepts and Lab, Dermis Taping Concepts and Lab, Fascia Taping Concepts and Lab
1:30-4:00 Manual Direction Tests, Space Corrections Intro, Space Corrections Labs using Manual Direction Tests, Muscle Taping Concepts and Lab
4:15 – 7:30 Cervical Flexion Assessment, Longissimus Cervicis Lab, Cervical Extension assessment, Scalenus Anterior Lab, Pectoral Girdle assessment, Pectoralis Major and Rhomboid Major Lab, Trunk Flexion Assessment, Rectus Abdominis Lab, Hip Rotation Assessment, Gluteus Medius Lab
7:30 End of Day 1
Course Agenda Day 2
8:00-9:55 Leg Raise Assessment, Quadriceps Femoris Lab, Mechanical Corrections Intro, Mechanical Correction Labs
10:10-12:30 Ligament/Tendon Corrections Intro, Ligament/Tendon Corrections Labs, Functional Correction Intro, Functional Correction Labs, Circulatory/Lymphatic Corrections Intro, Circulatory/Lymphatic Lab, Student Assessments
1:30-4:00 Advanced Epidermis Taping Concepts and Lab, Advanced Dermis Taping Concepts and Lab, Advanced Fascia Taping Concepts and Labs, Advanced Circulatory Taping Concepts and Labs
4:15-6:00 Clinical Concepts and Lab: Chondromalacia Patella; Clinical Concepts and Lab: Acute Shoulder Injury; Clinical Concepts and Lab: Whiplash; Clinical Concepts and Lab: Postural Correction
6:00-6:20 CKTP exam and KTAI membership including taping database
6:20-7:30 Clinical Reasoning Scenarios
7:30 End of Day 2