PRIVATE CHT ONLY: KINESIOTAPING ( KT1-2) ASSESSMENTS, FUNDAMENTAL CONCEPTS AND TECHNIQUES ( KT1-2) Danbury, CT OCT 2-3rd, 2021 (CONTACT FOR PRICING)
HOST: Motion PT Group
CONTACT FOR PRICING
PRIVATE HOSTED FOR CHT ONLY AUDIENCE
This 2 day course is designed to introduce participants to the science, assessment and application techniques of the Kinesio Taping® Method. Lecture Tutorials of the history, science and theory of stimulus transmission through skin and resulting therapeutic benefit across efferent and afferent systems is reviewed. Corrections for Epidermis, Dermis, Fascia, Space, and Muscle in case study format are presented. Lecture and demonstration by the instructor, then participants perform the Manual Assessments and Movement Assessments. Discussion of the assessment flow charts to determine correct applications and general progression of treatment clinically.
Day Two continues with instruction and demonstration of assessment and taping procedures for the Mechanical, Tendon, Ligament and Circulatory/Lymphatic Corrections in case study format. Time is allotted for questions and discussion of the assessment flow charts to determine correct applications and general progression of treatment clinically. Participants will receive a full color Kinesio Taping®
Workbook and a 60-day access code to the KTAl database.
In order t io Taping® seminar, each attendee must meet all of the following criteria:
+ Must have completed 80 course hours of anatomy and physiology
+ Must have a working knowledge of the musculoskeletal system
+ Must be able to do assessments by evaluating and/or diagnosing injuries and conditions
+ Must have achieved or is a student in their junior or senior year (transcripts must be provided) working towards one or more of the following credentials: ARNP, ATC, CAT(C), CCSP, CDP, CHT, CLT, CMBT, CMT, CNMT, COMT, COTA, COTA/L, CPO, CPT, CPTA, CRN, CST, CT, DC, DO, DOM, DPT, Lac, LAT, LLCC, LMBT, LMP, LMT, LOT, LOTA, LPT, LPTA, MD, MDT, MLD, MOT, MOTR/L, MPT, MT, MTC, NCMT, NCTMB, NDT, NMD, NMT, NP, NRC, OCS, ODT, OMD, OPA, OT, OTA, OTC, OTR, OTR/L, PT, PT-C, PTA, PA, RMT, RN, RPT, RPTA, SLP, Paramedic,
NCBTMB 16 CEUs
AOTA Classification 2
AOTA 16 CEUs
NCCAOM 16 PDAs
ARNP, ATC, CAT C , CCSP, CDP, C T, C T, CM T, CMT, CNMT, COMT, COTA, COTA/ , CPO, CPT, CPTA, CRN, CST, CT, DC, DO, DOM, DPT, ac, AT, CC, M T, MP, MT, OT, OTA, PT,
PTA, MD, MDT, M D, MOT, MOTR/ , MPT, MT, MTC, NCMT, NCTM , NDT, NMD, NMT, NP, NRC, OCS, ODT, OMD, OPA, OT, OTA, OTC, OTR, OTR/ , PT, PT-C, PTA, PA, RMT, RN, RPT, RPTA,
S P, Paramedic, Kinesiologist.
Instructional Methods: Live seminar with hands-on labs.
Education Level: Introductory
Seminar Completion Requirements:
Attendee must attend the entire seminar in order to receive Certificate of Course Completion, etter of Attendance, and CEUs.
Cancellation Policy: Registration fee, less $129, will be refunded if written cancellation is received 14 days prior to the seminar. No refunds will be given after that date.Every effort will be made to reschedule to a different date. Hand Therapy Education reserves the right to cancel at any time with full refund.
Alison Taylor OTR/L, CHT, CKTI
- List unique qualities of Kinesio Tex Tape.
- List different physiological systems affected by Kinesio Tex Tape.
- List 3 contraindications and 3 precautions of using Kinesio Tex Tape.
- List best use for each type of Kinesio Tex Tape.
- Describe and demonstrate cutting different Kinesio Taping application tape shapes: I Strip, Y Strip, Web Cut, X Cut, etc.
- Describe one situation where it would be appropriate to use each different tape cut.
- Demonstrate one of the three methods of safely removing Kinesio Tex Tape from skin.
- Demonstrate appropriate use of Manual Direction Tests for tissue and muscle.
- Demonstrate use of Kinesio Screening Assessments to identify target tissue for treatment.
- Demonstrate proper application of Kinesio Epidermis, Dermis and Fascia Taping technique.
- Demonstrate proper application of corrective techniques: Fascia, Mechanical, Space, Functional, Lymphatic, Tendon, Ligament, and Muscle Correction.
- Describe difference between an underactive and overactive muscle correction application.
- Identify appropriate tension range for each corrective technique.
- Describe difference between ligament correction and tendon correction.
- List a condition that the Functional Correction would be used for.
- Describe the difference between "long and short oscillation" and "side to side oscillation" used in the Fascial Correction application.
DAY 1 - KINESIO TAPING® ASSESSMENTS, FUNDAMENTAL CONCEPTS, AND TECHNIQUES
7:30am 8:00 Sign in
8:10 – 10:00 Instructor introduction & Bio
Intro Kinesio Taping® Concepts, Theory, History, Tape Qualities, Finger Demo.
Precautions and Application Guidelines, Physiological Systems Affected,
10:15 12:00. Tape removal, Skin Stimulation research, Kinesio Taping® Assessments & Labs:
epidermis and dermis
1:00 – 3:00 Manual Direction Tests, Correction Labs: Fascia and Space
3:15 - 5:20. Muscle Correction Theory and Labs, Kinesio Assessments and Labs: Longissimus
Cervicus, and Scalenus Anterior
5:20 - 5:30. Q&A; Overview of Student Assessments on Day 2
DAY 2 - KINESIO TAPING® ASSESSMENTS, FUNDAMENTAL CONCEPTS, AND TECHNIQUES
7:30am- 8:00 Sign In
8.00-10.00. Overnight Responses, Assessments and Labs: Pectoralis Major, Rhomboid Major,
10:15 – 12:00 Kinesio Assessments and Labs: Gluteus Medius, Rectus Femoris; Q&A
1:00 – 3:00. Kinesio Taping® Corrective Techniques: Mechanical shoulder, knee and ankle;
3:15 – 4:20. Kinesio Taping® Corrective Techniques: Tendon, Functional and
4:20 – 5:30. Documentation, Research, Glossary Review, Student Assessments, Q and A